History behind Air Force guidon
The guidon for the Headquarters Squadron, 3595th Flying Training Group can be seen during a ceremony on the flightline at Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., in 1956. Today's guidon traces its heritage back to smaller flags used by cavalry units in Europe during the late 1700s and early 1800s; these were used by squadrons within a larger regimental formation both on the battle field and in camps. (Courtesy photo)

Download Image: Full Size (2.66 MB)
Tags: Other
Photo by:  |  VIRIN: 150608-F-XX000-001.JPG