The annual Nellis Open House is the largest free public event in Nevada.
This year's Open House is scheduled for Nov. 8 and 9.
1000 - Buses Start/Gates Open
1100 - Opening Ceremony
1115 - Start of Flying Show
1545 - Flying Show Complete
1630 - Gates Close
Costs and recommendations
Admission: General Admission to the Open House is free. No tickets are available for purchase or required for general entry.
Food, Beverages and Novelties: Food, beverages and novelites will be available for purchase at several locations within the event venue. ATMs will also be placed throughout the flight line for open house patrons.
Hearing, Sun Protection: Hearing protection is recommended for minors and those with sensitive hearing. Sunscreen is recommended for all attendees. Some vendors may sell hearing and sun protection.
The U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron
What are the Security Search Requirements? · Everyone is subject to search and will proceed through security checkpoints and search areas
· Exact checkpoint procedures will vary due to security posture and location of entry points
Security Forces has the right to turn anyone away who fails to consent to a search
What Can I Bring?
Approved Items: Visitors are limited to the following items, which will be SUBJECT TO SEARCH: · Small purses or fanny packs
· Cameras and/or camcorders with "small" camera bags Note: Please do not load film prior to entering the show area as equipment is subject to search
· Diaper bags
· Baby strollers
· "Small" Lawn Chairs Only (No Lounger Chairs) Note: Chairs must be out of carrying cases and bags when proceeding through security. Bags may only be used for chairs.
· Wheelchairs, canes, guide/working dogs (to assist handicapped)
· Water in clear plastic bottles only (no other liquids or storage containers will be allowed)
Prohibited Items: · Coolers (includes food and beverage, exception: baby food/beverages)
· Illegal Drugs
· Weapons of Any Description (includes all fixed-blade knives, folding knives longer than 3", projectiles)
· Glass Containers
· Pets (except service animals assisting those with disabilities)
· Mace and pepper spray
· Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, roller blades or roller skates
· No Alcohol
· Excessive storage items such as briefcases, duffel bags and large camera bags (Please note: diaper bags, small purses, small camera cases and fanny packs are allowed)
· Large lawn chairs (small lawn chairs are allowed)