PRINT | E-MAIL
Chief Master Sgt. Emilio Hernandez is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 99th Air Base Wing, Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada. He is responsible to the commander on a wide range of issues including the health, morale, welfare, professional development and discipline of more than 7,000 personnel. The wing is responsible for all installation support functions to include communications, contracting, engineering, environmental, law enforcement, logistics, medical, security, services and force support for more than 10,000 assigned personnel and over 313,000 dependents, retirees and veterans. In addition, the wing also supports the U.S. Air Force Warfare Center, Nevada Test and Training Range, 53rd Wing, 57th Wing, 432nd Wing at Creech AFB, Nevada; Tonopah Test Range, 52 tenant units, 171 rotary and fixed-wing aircraft assigned to Nellis AFB and the nearly 1,500 visitors and TDY personnel conducting business at Nellis AFB daily.
Chief Hernandez enlisted in the Air Force in 1992. His background includes various positions in the civil engineer career field. He has held various senior enlisted positions while serving at the squadron, group and wing levels and has extensive deployment experience in the Joint environment. His assignments include bases in Michigan, Colorado, Turkey, South Carolina, United Kingdom, Japan and Georgia. Chief Hernandez has deployed in support of operations Provide Comfort, Northern Watch, Southern Watch, Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, Freedom’s Sentinel and Resolute Support.
Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the Command Chief Master Sergeant of the Train, Advise, Assist Command-Air (TAAC-Air) and 438th Air Expeditionary Wing, Forward Operating Base Oqab, Kabul, Afghanistan.
1996 Airman Leadership School, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
1997 Associate of Applied Science Degree in Electrical Mechanical Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2003 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kadena Air Base, Japan
2006 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Correspondence Course
2009 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2009 Bachelor of Science, Management Studies, University of Maryland University College
2009 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2011 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Correspondence Course
2012 Master of Science, Public Administration, Bowie State University, Bowie, Md.
2013 Chief’s Leadership Course, Pacific Air Forces
2015 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Randolph AFB, Texas
2016 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, Chapel Hill, N.C.
2017 Enterprise Perspective Seminar, Washington, DC
2017 Leading Millennials Seminar, Owen Graduate School of Management, Vanderbilt University, Tenn.
2018 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II Correspondence Course
2018 Air Advisor Course, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J
1. April 1992 - May 1992, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. May 1992 - July 1992, Student, Technical Training School, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. August 1992 - August 1995, Power Production Apprentice, 410th Civil Engineer Squadron, KI Sawyer AFB, Mich. (October 1993 - February 1994, Power Production Apprentice, Combined Task Force, Operation Provide Comfort, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey) (September 1994 - January 1995, Linguist, Joint Task Force 160, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba)
4. August 1995 - August 1998, Power Production Craftsman, 10th CES, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
5. September 1998 - December 1999, Power Production Craftsman, NATO, Izmir Air Station, Turkey
6. December 1999 - November 2002, Noncommissioned officer in charger, Power Production, 609th Air Communications Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C. (July 2001 - October 2001, Power Production Craftsman, 386th Expeditionary Civil Engineer Squadron, Ali Al Salem AB, Kuwait)
7. November 2002 - November 2008, Superintendent, Maintenance Engineering, 35th CES, Misawa AB, Japan (March 2004 - June 2004, Power Production Craftsman, 447th ECES, Camp Sather, Baghdad, Iraq) (September 2005 - January 2006, NCOIC, Power Production, 386th ECES, Ali Al Salem AB, Kuwait)
8. November 2008 - November 2012, Superintendent, Operations Flight, 100th CES, RAF Mildenhall, U.K. (June 2009 - December 2009, Infrastructure Superintendent, 407th ECES, Ali AB, Iraq) (June 2011 - December 2011, Operations Superintendent, 777th Expeditionary Prime BEEF Squadron, Kandahar AB, Afghanistan)
9. November 2012 - May 2015, Chief Enlisted Manager, 374th CES, Yokota AB, Japan (December 2013 - July 2014, Superintendent, 577th Expeditionary Prime BEEF Squadron, Al Udeid AB, Qatar)
10. June 2015 - March 2016, Superintendent, 374th Mission Support Group, Yokota AB, Japan
11. March 2016 – April 2018, Command Chief, 78th AB Wing, Robins AFB, Ga.
12. May 2018 – May 2019, Command Chief, Train, Advise, Assist Command-Air (TAAC-Air) and 438th Air Expeditionary Wing, Forward Operating Base Oqab, Kabul, Afghanistan
13. May 2019 – present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 99th Air Base Wing, Nellis AFB, Nev.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with bronze oak leaf cluster and Combat device
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four bronze oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two bronze oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with three bronze oak leaf clusters
Outstanding Airman of the Year ribbon with bronze star device
1993 Senior Airman Below-the Zone
1994 410th Bomb Wing Airman of the Year
1996 Distinguished Graduate, Airman Leadership School
2005 35th Mission Support Group Lance P. Sijan Award
2009 100th Civil Engineer Squadron Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2011 U.S. Air Forces in Europe Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2012 U.S. Air Force 12 Outstanding Airman of the Year Award
2012 U.S. Air Forces in Europe Lance P. Sijan Award
2014 U.S. Air Force Major General Joseph A. Ahearn Enlisted Leadership Award
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant Nov. 1, 2013
(Current as of October 2019)