Skip to main content (Press Enter).
Nellis Air Force Base
Nellis Air Force Base
Search Nellis Air Force Base:
Search Nellis Air Force Base:
Nellis Medical Center
Civic Leader Program
Flyover & Static Displays
MAJOR GENERAL CHARLES S. CORCORAN
Maj. Gen. Charles S. Corcoran is the Commander, U.S. Air Force Warfare Center, Nellis Air
Force Base, Nevada.
The USAFWC's mission is to insure Airmen have the best integrated, advanced training, most capable, operationally agile equipment, and most effective tactics available to conduct joint, all domain combat operations, today and tomorrow, by conducting warfighter-centric live and virtual operational test and evaluation, tactics development, and advanced training to optimize Air Force capabilities and prepare Airmen for joint, all domain combat operations. The USAFWC is organized under Air Combat Command into four wings, and two named units, with more than 13,000 Airmen serving in the 57th Wing, 53rd Wing, 99th Air Base Wing, 505th Command and Control Wing, the Nevada Test and Training Range, and the Air Force Joint Test Program Office.
Maj. Gen. Corcoran earned his commission from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1992. He has commanded the 525th Fighter Squadron, the 325th Operations Group, the 3rd Wing and the 380th Air Expeditionary Wing. He has served as the Executive Assistant to the Vice Chief of Staff of the Air Force and in the Secretary of the Air Force and Chief of Staff of the Air Force Executive Action Group. He was also in the headquarters staff of Air Forces Central Command, NATO’s Allied Air Command, U.S. Air Forces in Europe and Air Forces Africa.
The general is a graduate of the U.S. Air Force Weapons School and a command pilot with more than 3,100 flying hours, including more than 440 combat hours, primarily in the F-22 Raptor and F-15 Eagle.
1992 Bachelor of
, History, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1997 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2003 Master of Business Administration, Touro University, Cypress, Calif.
2006 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2011 Master of National Security Studies, National War College, Fort Lesley McNair, Va.
1. June 1992 - February 1994, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus Air Force Base, Miss., then Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals, Randolph AFB, Texas
2. March 1994 - September 1994, Student, F-15C Eagle Training, Tyndall AFB, Florida.
3. October 1994 - December 1999, Chief of Standardization and Evaluations, Weapons Officer and Scheduler, 19th Fighter Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
4. January 2000 - June 2000, Student, U.S. Air Force Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nevada.
5. June 2000 - October 2002, Chief of Weapons and Tactics and Flight Commander, 390th FS, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
6. November 2002 - September 2004, Test and Evaluation Pilot and Chief of Safety and Training, Edwards AFB, California.
7. October 2004 - March 2006, Chief of Wing Weapons and Tactics, 1st Fighter Wing, and Assistant Director of Operations, 27th FS, Langley AFB, Virginia.
8. March 2006 - June 2007, Chief of Operations, Secretary of the Air Force and Chief of Staff of the Air Force Executive Action Group, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
9. July 2007 - July 2009, Commander, 525th FS, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska
10. July 2009 - July 2010, Executive Assistant to the Vice Chief of Staff of the Air Force, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
11. August 2010 - June 2011, Student, National War College, Fort Lesley McNair, Virginia.
12. July 2011 - June 2013, Commander, 325th Operations Group, Tyndall AFB, Florida.
13. June 2013 - August 2014, Chief of Staff, U.S. Air Forces Central Command, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar
14. August 2014 - June 2016, Commander, 3rd Wing, JB Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska
15. June 2016 - July 2017, Commander, 380th Air Expeditionary Wing, Al Dhafra AB, United Arab Emirates
16. August 2017 – August 2018, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, NATO Allied Air Command, Ramstein AB, Germany
17. August 2018 – July 2019, Director of Operations, Strategic Deterrence and Nuclear Integration, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe and Air Forces Africa, Ramstein AB, Germany
18. July 2019 – present, Commander, U.S. Air Force Warfare Center, Nellis AFB, Nevada.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 2013 - June 2014, Chief of Staff, U.S. Air Forces Central Command, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar, as a colonel
2. August 2017 – August 2018, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, NATO Allied Air Command, Ramstein AB, Germany, as a brigadier general
Rating: command pilot
Flying Hours: more than 3,100, 440 combat hours
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, F-15A/B/C/D and F-22
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 27, 1992
First Lieutenant May 27, 1994
Captain May 27, 1996
Major Nov. 1, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel Dec. 1, 2006
Colonel Oct. 1, 2010
Brigadier General Aug. 8, 2016
Major General May 3, 2019
(Current as of August 2020)