** Thunderbirds Museum to close temporarily. **
The Thunderbirds Museum is closed to the public until April 2016 for a building renovation project. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your interest in our history and the U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron.
** We are currently booked for tours until May 2016. **
Thousands of individuals visit Nellis every year. The variety of missions and its location near Las Vegas make Nellis a great destination to tour. However, due to our operations tempo, security environment, limited manning and frequent deployments, we are unable accommodate private tour requests from individuals, families or small groups.
All tours are subject to change or cancellation based on operational requirements. No weekend tours are available.
Currently Nellis does not have a public tour program.
Usually, DoD ID Card Holders with installation access may conduct personal tours of the base with small groups of their own sponsored guests. However, personnel must notify their commander and submit tour request forms below to ensure base leadership is aware of the visit. They also need to coordinate their tour and obtain approval from affected units well in advance, observe restricted/controlled areas and ensure they and their guests obey policies on photography. Most of the time, there is no restriction on photography while in public areas around the base. In contrast, photography on and near the flightline, and in controlled/restricted areas is prohibited without official written permission.
Cadet tour support:
** We are currently booked for ROTC tours for the first quarter of 2016 **
Due to the extensive coordination and support required, we can only schedule one Air Force ROTC tour per month (no more than two per quarter). We will only entertain Junior ROTC and Civil Air Patrol requests from within our Nevada Test and Training Range communities in Southern Nevada.
· Tour requests must be submitted at least 30 days in advance, but no earlier than 90 days.
· Tours are provided for groups of no less than 10 and no more than 40 people.
· All guests must be High School age or older.
· A Special Event Pass is required for all non DoD ID card holders. Public Affairs must submit the name, date of birth, social security number and driver's license number/state of issue for each visitor no later than one week prior to the tour.
· Please notify us if any tour guests are not U.S. citizens.
· Groups are responsible for their own transportation (individual vehicles or caravanning is not allowed) and making all other arrangements outside the formal tour (e.g. if tour includes a lunch stop).
· A maximum of 1 bus per tour.
· Please make Public Affairs aware of any tour guests who are officers in the grade of O-6 or above as well as any distinguished persons, award winners, POWs, etc., who will be accompanying your tour.
How to request a group tour:
Download the 99 ABW Tour Request Form
, complete it, then email it to email@example.com
Public Affairs will call you for more information, if needed.