|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT STEVEN J. CLEVELAND|
Chief Master Sergeant Steven J. Cleveland is the Command Chief Master Sergeant of the 99th Air Base Wing, Nellis Air Force Base, Nev. He is responsible to the commander on a wide range of issues including the health, morale, welfare, professional development and discipline of more than 7,000 installation enlisted personnel. The wing is responsible for all installation support functions to include communications, contracting, engineering, environmental, law enforcement, logistics, medical, security, services and force support for more than 12,000 assigned personnel and over 313,000 dependents, retirees and veterans. In addition, the wing also supports the U.S. Air Force Warfare Center, Nevada Test and Training Range, 53rd Wing, 57th Wing, 432nd Wing at Creech AFB, Nev; Tonopah Test Range, 52 tenant units, 171 rotary and fixed-wing aircraft assigned to Nellis and the nearly 1,500 visitors and TDY personnel conducting business at Nellis daily.
Cleveland is a native of Owasso, Okla., and entered the Air Force in April 1986. His background is in aircraft maintenance and intelligence at various levels. His assignments include bases in Virginia, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Ohio, Oklahoma, Republic of Korea, South Carolina, Texas, and the United Kingdom.
1989 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory School, Royal Air Force Upwood, United Kingdom
1996 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Barksdale AFB, La.
2003 Associate in Applied Science degree in Communications, Community College of the Air Force
2004 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter Annex, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 USAF Chiefs Leadership Course, Gunter Annex, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 COMAFFOR Senior Staff Course, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
2011 Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg College, Pa.
2011 AFSO21 Executive Leadership Course, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.
2011 Enterprise Management Seminar, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va.
2012 Keystone, National Defense University, Suffolk, Va.
1. Apr 1986-Jun 1986, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. Jun 1986-Oct 1986, Student, B-52 Armament Systems, Lowery AFB, Colo.
3. Oct 1986-May 1988, B-52 Armament Systems Specialist, Blytheville AFB, Ark.
4. May 1988-Jul 1992, A-10 Armament Systems Specialist, RAF Alconbury, United Kingdom
(Dec 90 - Jun 91, Operation DESERT SHIELD and STORM)
5. Jul 1992-Jan 1993, Student, Intelligence Operations Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
6. Jan 1993-Jan 1996, Collection Manager, Det 2, 67th Intel Group, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. Jan 1996-Apr 1998, NCOIC, Intel Operations, 552d Operations Support Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
(May 96 - Sep 96, Operation SOUTHERN WATCH, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia)
(Aug 97 - Dec 97, Operation PROVIDE COMFORT and NORTHERN WATCH)
8. Apr 1998-Apr 1999, NCOIC, Intel Production, 607th Air Intelligence Squadron, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
9. Apr 1999-Jun 2003, Flight Chief, Wing Intelligence, 552d Operations Support Squadron, Tinker
Mar 00 - Jun 00, Operation SOUTHERN WATCH, Prince Sultan AB, Saudi Arabia)
(Dec 01 - Mar 02, Operation ENDURING FREEDOM, Thumrait, Oman)
10. Jun 2003-Jun 2007, Superintendent, 609th Air Intelligence Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
(Sep 03 - Mar 04, Operation IRAQI FREEDOM, Al Udeid AB, Qatar)
(Sep 05 - Mar 06, Operations ENDURING and IRAQI FREEDOM, Al Udeid AB, Qatar)
11. Jun 2007-Apr 2008, Superintendent, Intelligence Operations, United States Special Operations
Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
12. Apr 2008-Apr 2009, Chief Enlisted Manager, Intelligence, 12th Air Force, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
13. Apr 2009-Mar 2011, Chief Enlisted Manager, Intelligence, Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
14. Mar 2011-May 2013, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 432d Wing/432d Air Expeditionary Wing, Creech AFB, Nev.
15. May 2013-Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 99th Air Base Wing, Nellis AFB, Nev.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
1993 Distinguished Graduate, Intelligence Operations Course
1996 Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2004 Distinguished Graduate, Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2004 9th Air Force Intelligence SNCO of the Year, Level II
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant September 2008
(Current as of June 2013)